The exteriors of your home are as important as interiors and add to the overall curb appeal of your property. Exterior paint is an investment for the next decade, and you need to find the best possible painting contractor in town for the job. In this easy guide, we are sharing tips that will come in handy to find house painters.
- Ask around. Neighbors, friends, and colleagues can help you find painting contractors that they have tried, and you can rely on references for such jobs. As a client, you can also check for independent reviews online.
- Check for specialization. Your exteriors deserve to be treated with care, and there are all sorts of paints available, including ceramic ones. Find a painting contractor that has expertise with all the latest and trending ideas and is well-equipped to handle the needs of your project.
- Licenses and insurance. A painting service must be licensed and insured. Keep in mind that paint jobs are risky jobs, and if their workers and painters are not bonded and insured, you may end up paying for medical bills in case of an accident or injury. Similarly, general liability insurance is as important.
- Ask questions. How long have you been in business? Can you share three client references? Do you hire employees on payroll or work with subcontractors? Can you share details of the best paints and brands recommended for this project? Are you aware of recent trends in exterior painting? Do you offer a warranty on the job? Will you buy the supplies, or we need to get that for your team? These are some of the basic questions that are worth asking.
- Get an estimate. Don’t be tempted to look for subcontractors or cheap painting contractors for your home. The quote should be judged based on what’s included, if warranty is provided, and if the contractor has a good name in the local market. Get an estimate to know the final price, so that you don’t have to deal with surprise add-ons later.
If you are promised things by a painting contractor, make sure that you have everything on paper. Exterior painting estimates should be coupled with a deadline, but do not rush the process. Make sure that your painting contractor is available and accessible for answering queries and handling complaints, if any, during and after the course of work. Shortlist a few painting contractors now!